Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012: all things new

So I've been doing a lot of thinking.  It's an entirely new year and with that comes the opportunity to wipe the slate clean, to make some positive changes.

Have you given it any thought yet?  I don't know about you, but I've got several things I'd like to do differently in 2012.

For example, I'd like to address some underlying insecurities that seem to rear their ugly heads at the most inopportune times.  And quite honestly, I'm tired of them.  I don't need them.  But I've got to choose to overcome them if I have any hope of moving beyond them.

And so in 2012, I'm making it my goal to quiet some silly insecurities once and for all.  That's probably going to mean rolling up my sleeves and getting down to business along the way, and I'm not sure exactly what that means.  It's definitely going to be a journey into a little bit of unknown.  But I'm not afraid.  I know that it's possible and I know that it's worth it.  Stay tuned for more of my thoughts and notes along the way.

What about you?  What do you want to do differently in 2012?  You know the beauty of this whole "new beginnings" kind of thing is that it doesn't have to happen just because it's a new year.  The Lord is so gracious that He allows us to have a new beginning every day and for that I'm so grateful.

Do you need to take advantage of today and allow Him to make you new?  Don't wait.  Start your new year right now.

And listen to this for a little encouragement.  I promise it's worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment