Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Don't worry; be happy!

Allow me to introduce two fabulous ladies: Kelli & Hannah. They've got some valuable thoughts to share with you on the topic of worrying.

Read. Process. Share. Grow. :)

Have you ever taken an hour to get dressed just to feel like you’ll impress someone Or not said exactly what you wanted to say because you felt like they wouldn’t agree? Well, I’m pretty sure everyone feels that way every so often, but most often, it’s girls that feel this way.

We shouldn’t worry because God has our backs no matter what. And if you worry, really, you’re doubting Godand what He has planned for you.

Kelli says,

"Personally, sometimes I feel like I easily get on peoples’ nerves. Just by talking too much! When I start to feel like that I turn to god and ask Him to help me just trust in Him instead of doubting myself. Another big one for me is gas; it’s so expensive and I have job and I babysit, so my little car sees the gas station quite a bit. I know I need to lay my worries at God’s feet and let Him take control."

Hannah says,

"I usually feel like people are judging me and that people are always talking behind my back. And I’m always trying to impress people and try to make them think I’m cool by doing whatever they’re doing…even if it’s not good. But lately I’ve been doing what God wants me to do and not worrying if people judge me. I just want to be the person God wants me to be."

If you’re struggling with worry, check out some of these verses to easy your anxiety.

Jeremiah 29:11

1 Timothy 4:12

Joshua 1:9

Ecclesiastes 7:13-14

John 3:30

Luke 12:7

Luke 12:25-26

1 Corinthians 6:19

No comments:

Post a Comment